11 December 2012

Amsterdam

I went to Amsterdam on the 3rd and here are some pictures.
Not amazing pictures but shows you a bit of what Amsterdam is like, I went on the 3rd of December at 5 in the morning and endured a 14 hour coach journey there. I would swear and moan a hell of a lot about it but the fact it cost me 4 quid to get to Amsterdam I feel like I cant, yes really only 4 quid! the journey wasn't even that bad (Megabus btw) hardly anyone on the coach so had a whole 2 seats to myself and met some lovely people, so once arriving on Amsterdam we had a mean time went to the Anne Frank house, Van Gogh Museum and the Heineken factory and got drunk, Was a real nice time and I cant wait to go back to Amsterdam again. Although it is SO FUCKING COLD THERE like omg I thought I would be all good cause I'm from England but hell no its so much colder there, had to wear about 16 layers everyday hence the no outfit pictures hah. But it was all worth it cause its just so so beautiful there and the just atmosphere there is amazing, everyone is so friendly and well, very very stoned. We stayed in a really amazing place at the Orfeo Hostel it cost about 10 euros a night and was just basic and nice, in the perfect place with nice common room to drink beers in and nice staff. I enjoyed it and for 10 euros a night you can't go wrong! we were close to dam square and the bulldog coffee shop so it was a really great place to be. Not gonna lie but it was a mission to find and we got lost so many times at like 2 in the morning but getting lost in Amsterdam is probably the best thing to do found so many amazing things and beautiful streets.
not much else to say really was only there for 5 days but if no ones been to Dam and are thinking about going I say DO IT its the best place ever and I want to go back now, Only thing is it is pretty expensive there but nothing too bad you just have to budget, also the 2 euro salads in the supermarkets are amaaaaazing so tbh you can eat pretty cheap there. Just watch out the pints in the pubs/bars are so expensive yet the cans in the supermarkets are 70 cents. So yeah!
Hope you enjoyed this post and let me know if any of you have been to Amsterdam and what you thought! or give me some suggestion on where else to go in Europe I'd love to hear as I am hoping to do a lot more travelling.

12 comments:

  1. Youve made me really want to visit! Great photos :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you enjoyed yourself! i loved Amsterdam, made me want to cycle around though as its full of those retro bikes! Its so pretty this time of the year! If you do go travelling you should check out Prague! Very good for a night out, or Slovenia is so picturesque its unreal! hope your well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to Amsterdam from 1st-4th dec! Black keys and maccabees played on the 3rd! I loved it there too, you'd love Berlin if you like Amsterdam :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amsterdam is soo nice! Your pics look really good too :) Go again in the summer if you can, it's like a whole different experience- (I know how cold it gets in the Winter, so I feel your pain!) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooohoo! My home. Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ah amazing photos, what a beautiful city x

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the pictures! amsterdam looks awesome :) xx
    www.thefrillseekers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amsterdam looks so pretty but I can imagine that it's COLD! Really beautiful pics x
    http://rainingcakeandcookies.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, I just got back from a weekend in Amsterdam and I loved it. I didn't realise you could get the coach there so cheap! I will definitely check it out! Im now following you btw :)

    - Keyta

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me & my boyfriend are considering going Amsterdam in July. So glad I stumbled across your blog and found this post. It looks really lovely there! And I had no idea you could get there for £4 via Mega bus aha.
    Lovely pics x
    Ashleigh | www.ashllyd.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for all the comments, I read them all!